Among the German departments in Taiwan, the TKU German department is one of the earliest established departments. In his over fifty year’s history, the department has built his reputation, and the professors have made tremendous contributions in the academic field of study of language teaching, German literature, and cultural study.
The research of full-time faculty members at present stretch from Germen as a Foreign Language, modern German literature, phraseology, German linguistics, fiction and society, cognitive linguistics, translation studies, to 18 and 20 century modern literature and media studies.
Germen as a foreign language
- Assistant Professor Dr. Chang, Hsiu-Chuan
- Assistant Professor Dr. Cheng, Hui-Chun
- Assistant Professor Dr. Lin, Yu-Hsien
- Assistant Professor Dr. Holger Steidele
- Assistant Professor Dr. Yen, Huei-Ling
European and Chinese History
- Assistant Professor Dr. Michael Schön
- Professor Dr. WU, Wan-Bau
About the academic performance, here the link: http://www.tfgx.tku.edu.tw/german/journal_paper/251